During the New Year's holidays over 311,000 people visited the Park.
102,659 people also used their holidays to go skating at the Gorky Park #SUPARINK(no more than 4,000 at a given time). Every day up to 10,000 people took a stroll in Neskuchny Garden, and up to 20,000 walked each day in Vorobyovy Gory. Around 7,200 online tickets were bought for the Ice Rink. That's not all! 100 matches of ice hockey were played; around 4,000 3-12 year olds tested the ice at the children's rink; 15100 people rode the Burton x Gorky Park snowboarding slopes. Right on!
In the Fairy Tale Pavilion on Pushkinskaya Embankment more than 640 people were whirled away by 50 performances of 'Northern Tales'.
At the New Year's Fair more than 4800 litres of hot drinks were knocked back, including 600 litres of cocoa and hot chocolate. The blini were the star of the show, 4200 pancakes were devoured with a variety of fillings.
10 000 people visited the Art Experiment in Garage Museum of Contemporary Art. 1000 visitors got their ticket due to Garage charity programme.
As ever, Gorky Park has all sorts of great plans for the year ahead:
- we're opening a viewing platform on the roof of the Main Entrance to the Park. For the first time ever, visitors will be able to take in Gorky Park from a bird's eye perspective;
- we're opening a Gorky Park Museum, a souvenir shop and a cafe in the colonnade of the Main Entrance;
- we're restoring Leninskaya Square (behind the main entrance) as per the plans drawn up in 1953 by the architect Vasilii Dolganov;
- the Garage Museum of Contemporary Art is moving to a new home - the 'Vremena Goda' ('Times of Year') Pavilion, designed by Rem Koolhaas. The surrounding area will also be re-landscaped;
- we are re-landscaping the gulley and surrounding territory in Neskuchny Garden, a project which includes restoration of the baroque bridge and the middle bridge (built at the turn of the 18th-19th Century according to designs by the architect Nikolai Matveev);
- a major overhaul of the network of roads and paths in the Vorobyovy Gory nature reserve. There will also be two new football pitches here, as well as a sports area for older people designed by the German company Richter Spielgerate;
- we are re-landscaping the Pushkinskaya Embankment;
- we are installing architectural lighting to illuminate the Pushkinskaya Embankment in Neskuchny Garden, as well as objects of historical importance in Gorky Park and the Neskuchny Garden.
January: Educational centre in Vorobyovy Gory;
February: New 'Photo Stroll' courses in both digital and analogue photography;
14 February: Valentine's Day;
21-22 February: Maslenitca;
8 March - International Women's Day;
Spring: Subbotnik - The Big Spring Clean (get involved!);
1 May: Opening of the summer season and the Pioneer summer cinema auditorium;
9th May: Victory Day;
16-17th May: Night in the Park;
1st June: Children's Day;
19th June: Graduation Day in the Park;
5th September: City Day;
November - Opening of the Rink and the 2015-16 Winter Season.